Find out why it’s no longer taboo to pair wine and perfume at our upcoming workshop, The Essence of Fragrance. Join me and master perfumer Sarah Horowitz as we take you on an olfactory exploration of wine and scent on Saturday, November 16, 2013 from 4 – 6 pm. Sign up soon, this is sure to sell out fast! This workshop will take place in the greater Los Angeles area; stay tuned for location announcement.
WHAT: The Essence of Fragrance – A Wine and Perfume Pairing
WHEN: Saturday, November16, 2013
TIME: 4-6 pm
WHERE: In the Greater Los Angeles Area
CONTACT: Mary Orlin, WineFashionista
WORKSHOP FEE: $125 per person. limit 10 people
We present The Essence of Fragrance – a two hour exploration of the aromatic experience of wine and perfume, led by Master Perfumer Sarah Horowitz and Sommelier and Journalist Mary Orlin. We will be pairing the exquisite scents created by Sarah with amazing wines.
During our workshop Chief Perfumer Sarah Horowitz-Thran will educate participants on the history of fragrance and how our sense of smell works before delving into the principals of building a scent.
Sommelier and fragrance and wine writer for The Huffington Post Mary Orlin will speak to the similarities in the language of wine and perfumery, as well as pair wines with perfume oil notes curated by Sarah Horowitz.
While wearing perfume at a winery or wine tasting is usually taboo, in this case specific notes in the perfume will enhance the ability to experience that aroma in the wine.
In this master class we take participants on a journey into the intersection of the arts of perfume and wine and how and why they are similar and complimentary to each other. We’ll explore pulling out common fragrant notes in each.
With the holidays just around the corner, this is a great way to kick off your holiday shopping, where you can discover fragrant gifts, and even be inspired to give a perfume and wine pairing to your favorite wine or perfume lover!
• The History of the Art of Perfume and the Art of Blending
- The History of Wine, the Art of Winemaking and the Aromatic Experience of Wine Tasting
- An introduction to over 100 perfume oils – aromatics curated to represent wine aromas
- Modern Perfumery and Modern Wine and the Indie Scene: How niche perfumers and boutique winemakers craft fragrances and wines that are works of art and have a story behind the label
- The common aromatic language of wine and perfume
- Sensory exploration of perfume notes in wine. Scent strips and wine tasting
- Led by two experts in perfume and wine
- Education about the history of perfume and wine
- Detailed handouts including notes on elements of perfume and wine and aromatic characteristics
- 100+ aromatic perfume oils, curated to reflect aromas in wine
- Perfume presented on scent strips highlighting notes in wines tasted during the workshop
- Yummy bites will be served
- Discount on perfume purchases after the workshop